Reinout has long-standing experience in the IT industry. He advises on all types of IT-related issues. His practice covers computer contracts, outsourcing, public tenders, IT-related transactions, e-commerce and internet law.
Reinout acts as an arbitrator for i.a. the Stichting Geschillenoplossing Automatisering (the Dutch Foundation for the Settlement of Automation Disputes), the NAI (Netherlands Arbitration Institute), WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organisation) and ICC.
He frequently chairs national and international arbitral tribunals and provides binding decisions or second opinions. In 2014, he acted as an expert for a parliamentary committee surveying governmental IT projects and was appointed annotator of IT related decisions for the Procurement Law Journal 'Jaan'. He acts as lecturer for the Grotius Specialist Course on IT Law where he teaches on liability issues.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising an association of IT customers on Cloudsourcing issues.
- Advising Dutch government on IT procurement issues.
- Representing some large customers in an IT dispute.
- Acting as chair of a number of arbitral tribunals.
- Advising several financial institutions on IT related issues.
- Advising multinational electronics companies on ICT and e-commerce issues.
- Advising governmental institutions on IT related tenders, licence compliancy programs and IT related issues.
- Advising and coaching several bank-insurance companies on multinational outsourcing projects and the establishment of shared service centers.
Reinout is a regular speaker at seminars and an author of various publications on ICT related issues. He is a member, co-founder and former president of the Netherlands Association of Computer Lawyers (VIRA). He has been co-editor of the general IT procurement terms applied by Dutch government, both in 1990 (Biza contracten) as in 2010 (Arbit). He is also an editor of standard forms for lawpractises 'Modellen voor de Rechtspraktijk'. As of 2017, he will be acting for Grotius IT Law Education as lecturer/tutor.
Reinout graduated from Utrecht University and was admitted to the bar in 1983. He started his career as a general practitioner and practiced ICT law at the Dutch law firm Stibbe (1987-2010), where he was a partner.
See for Reinout's Publications.