Menno Heerma van Voss
Menno is an experienced attorney-at-law for 20 years, specialized in intellectual property, (comparative) advertising, unfair trade practices and competition (passing off), e-commerce, privacy and consumer protection. He represents various (national and international) clients regarding their brands, products, marketing and reputation. Menno has extensive litigation experience before Dutch courts and the Dutch Advertising Code Commission. He also has extensive experience with respect to various commercial contracts.
Menno joined Ventoux as IP partner in January 2015. Previously, he was IP partner at SOLV and senior associate at Baker&McKenzie in Amsterdam.
Menno regularly publishes legal comments, articles and columns and gives lectures. He is a member of Marques (Association of European Trademark Owners), VvRr (Association for Advertising law), ALAI (Dutch Copyright Association), BMM (Benelux Trademark and Design Rights Association), LES (Licensing Executives Society), AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property), and VMC (Association for Media and Communication Law).
Recent relevant experience of Menno includes:
- Advising and litigation on (comparative) advertising for an international retailer.
- Advising an apparel brand on retrieving domain names.
- Advising an energy supplier on several IP issues.
- Representing an international TV channel regarding a trademark issue.
- Copyright and freedom of expression litigation case for a publisher.
- IP litigation for brand owner regarding infringing use of trademark domain name by a retailer.
- IP litigation for known website against competitor using similar trademark and domain name.
- Advice on alleged trademark infringement.